Preventing illness is better than treating it!
Discuss any of the following services with the nurse or doctor, who will explain what the practice is able to offer.
- Child immunisations
- Cervical screening
- Travel health and vaccinations
- Healthy lifestyles advice
We are keen to ensure our infection control precautions underpin routine safe practice. These precautions are in place in order to protect both staff and patients from infection. They are carried out with all patients, regardless of perceived or known infection risk factors, these include:
- Hand washing and drying
- Protective clothing, e.g. gloves, aprons, goggles.
- Use of alcohol sprays/gels
- Single use equipment and instruments
- Protection of open wounds
- Safe disposal of clinical waste and "sharps" (needles, scalpel blades)
- Prevention of sharp injury (e.g. needlestick)
- Regular environmental cleaning
If you would like to know further details please feel free to ask the clinician involved in your care.