If you are 14 or over, you can attend appointments on your own, or with a friend or parent if you prefer. We can offer help with a range of enquiries, including:
- Exam stress
- Low mood
- Heavy/painful periods
- Weight management
- Sexual health
- Travel health / vaccinations
All information shared will be kept confidential unless we think you, or another person, is at risk of harm, in which case we will tell you why we need to share the information and who we will share it with.
Big Sister Project - Place Leisure
Sheffield is piloting a new project called 'Big Sister' this programme aimed at breaking down the barriers teenage girls face in leading healthy and active live.
Led by Women in Sport, Hey Girls, Places Foundation and Places Leisure, the programe supports girls aged 9-15 years old in feeling ;sport ready' by offering:
- Free 6 month Places Leisure membership, with the unlimited gym (11-15 year olds) and unlimited swim, bespoke 'We Move' exercise classes and access to the Places Locker fitness app (housing 500+ digital workouts)
- A free reusable period project on sign up and access to disposable period products in leisure centres
- Access to the Big Sister digital hub www.big-sister.co.uk
- Support in schools and comunities through the 'Big Sister' network
Wellbeing support line for young people in Sheffield
Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield Futures and Sheffield CCG have come together to launch a wellbeing support line for young people in Sheffield.
People in the city aged 12 – 18 can now access support with issues such as low mood and anxious thoughts by calling 0808 275 8892. Lines are open Monday to Friday 5pm to 9pm and Saturday 9am to 9pm.
The team can speak to young people who might be struggling with challenges such as the current changes due to covid-19, exam stress, relationship issues, bullying or feelings of loneliness and isolation. For more information click click here.
Other useful links: